If you are in a situation that you can’t get access to the internet on your Surface PC, you will need to download its drivers and firmware update somewhere else to offline update your Surface device. The download can also be handy when you need to do a clean install or troubleshoot driver problems of your Surface devices.
- Surface 3 Type Cover Fix
- Surface Type Cover Driver Install Windows 10
- Surface Type Cover Driver Windows 10
Surface Pro 4 Type Cover suddenly stops working I’m seeing more and more reports of borked Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4 Type Cover keyboards, likely linked to last month’s firmware/driver. The Surface Pro 3 was imaged and then patched up-to-date and the most recent Surface Pro 3 drivers available from Microsoft were applied, however the issue persisted. To correct this issue, complete the following steps: Open Control Panel and navigate to ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then ‘Devices and Printers’. Install Microsoft Surface Type Cover Filter Device driver for Windows 10 x64, or download DriverPack Solution software for automatic driver installation and update.
The following links will bring you to the corresponding individual Microsoft Surface drivers and firmware download page. Through the Microsoft official download page, you can download the latest drivers and firmware for your Surface.
1Quick links to download drivers and firmware updates for all Microsoft Surface PCs
Surface 3 Type Cover Fix
|Surface Model||Naming Format||Download Link|
|Surface RT||Only available via Windows Update||Not Available|
|Surface 2||Only available via Windows Update||Not Available|
|Surface 3 (LTE)||Download|
|Surface Pro 2||Download|
|Surface Pro 3||Download|
|Surface Pro 4||Download|
|Surface Pro (2017)||Download|
|Surface Book with Performance Base||Download|
2How to install Surface drivers and firmware update
Surface Type Cover Driver Install Windows 10
Depending on which Surface model you have, the steps to install Surface drivers and firmware are in similar ways.
- After you download, you can install the drivers and firmware by open the file you downloaded
- It will show the installation screen. Click Next to continue.
- It will ask you to accept the agreement. Accept and click Next to continue.
- Choose installation path. Click Next to continue.
- Finally, click Install to start the drivers and firmware installation progress.
- After finish installation, you will need to restart your Surface Pro to finish updating your system.
Best Accessories for Microsoft Surface
With the right set of accessories, you can boost your Surface's productivity to the next level. Here we have some of the best accessories you should get for your Surface devices.
Those are the top must-have accessories for Microsoft Surface devices so far. With Surface Pen, Surface Dock, Surface Precision Mouse, and microSD card will significantly increase your Surface performance, storage, and productivity.
Surface Type Cover Driver Windows 10
i have a surface pro 3 with a type cover 4 (i got the surface pro4 type cover) running windows 10 and the type cover is no longer being recognized out of the blue.
I have tried many troubleshooting methods, but none have worked so far.
I opened device manager and i noticed the only keyboard category driver i have is the HID Keyboard. Looking in other threads on this issue, it seems i should have a driver for 'Surface Type Cover Filter Device' or for 'Surface Type Cover'
Does anyone know where i can find the driver for the type cover 4?
Troubleshooting steps i already initiated and none of them have worked so far:
* unclicked and reclicked the keyboard many times, while connected to the internet
* did a two button shutdown/reboot
* brought the computer up to date on windows update, did reboots, shutdowns, nothing
* reset the laptop (while maintaining all data) and then installed windows updates again + some more reboots
* installed the latest 'SurfacePro3_Win10_10586_1702002_0.msi' drivers & firmware pack for surface pro3 from Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center
* *tried* to install the latest 'SurfacePro4_Win10_15063_1702001_0.msi' drivers & firmware pack for surface pro4 from Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center but it did not work since i have the surface pro 3
i cannot get the driver to show up anymore, and given that i never uninstalled or deleted it, i don't know what else i can do.
I am traveling and don't have access to a microsoft store to purchase a new keyboard so i am stuck and i would appreciate any help in further troubleshooting or locating the proper driver for the keyboard.
thanks in advance!