Version: 22.2020.5588 Filesize: 83.9MB
Alternatives to GetFLV for Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, Internet Explorer and more. Filter by license to discover only free or Open Source alternatives. This list contains a total of 23 apps similar to GetFLV. List updated: 10:57:00 AM.
- Open Source
- In English
- (7 K Downloads)
- When you click it, you can view the headers exchanged by Firefox and the server, and the Response Headers should containing a Content-type. If the TIFF opens in a new tab, this trick doesn't work. To see what content types AlternaTIFF is registered for, you can type.
- First way by copying and pasting videos site url and second method is to install extension for Firefox or chrome. Third method is placing ss and enter in url and get redirected to the downloaded page. 2.4 Savevid.com Savevid.com was really a good alternative for clipnabber but now this website is not available.
Every individual likes to be entertained; entertainment is an essential part of our life. Everyone has their ways of keeping themself entertained. Some watch videos, movies, some listen to songs, some play games. Video is a digital or video recording of moving visual images. There are thousands of videos available online, which we can access with the Internet’s help, through our PC/Laptop. We can watch unlimited videos on the internet, but sometimes, we need to download some videos due to educational, professional, or personal use. But the website we are using to watch the video does not provide us a downloading option. There is much third-party software that helps us to download the videos from different websites. One such robust and easy-to-use software is GetFLV; you can download videos from any website using this software.
GetFLV is a GetFLV Team product; this software helps you download videos from any website into your PC/Laptop. This software is easy to use, and you can effortlessly download any videos that you like. GetFLV is a very easy-to-execute program. It takes a little time to get used to it when you bring up the pane. The best part is that there is a user guide for each move you have to take with the software. This guide will come up to help you out if you are in a rough situation. All the main features of the software are listed on the side panel and can be accessed easily. In this way, you can get all the essential elements at your fingertips. You can use the FLV Browser or an optimized browser to access the internet. Also, using this software, you can test several kernels to improve your machine performance. The app will automatically display the link in the bottom list when you encounter a video that you want to download. This software allows you to select the destination and the quality of the video you want to download on your PC/Laptop. The speed of your internet connection determines how easily your videos will be downloaded. All these features make this software a must-have on your PC/Laptop.
Features of GetFLV
- Beneficial- This is useful software; it helps you to download videos from any website in any format on your PC/Laptop.
- User Guide- The best part of this software is a user guide for each move you have to take with the software. This guide will come up to help you out if you are in a rough situation.
- Easy access to features- This software provides many useful features. All the main features of the software are listed on the side panel and can be accessed easily.
- Full Control- The app will automatically display the link in the bottom list when you encounter a video that you want to download. This software allows you to select the destination and the quality of the video you want to download on your PC/Laptop.
How to download GetFLV on Windows?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the GetFLV folder and extract its content.
- 3- Now open the GetFLV folder and double click on the GetFLV setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to the License Agreement and select an installation location.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install GetFLV; click on the Finish button after installation.
- This software helps you download videos from any website.
- This software provides all features at your fingertips.
- This software allows you to select the quality of the video you want to download.
- This software does not support a few file types.
App Name: GetFLV
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Version: V22.2020.5588
Latest Update: 2021-01-08
Developer: GetFLV Team
User Rating: 3.1
Category: File Transfer and Networking
Aug 14,2019 • Filed to: Video Downloader and Recorder • Proven solutions
The Video DownloadHelper is a download extension for Mozilla Firefox. It helps you to download online videos directly from your browser. However, if you have updated your computer to Windows 10, you will encounter the problem of DownloadHelper not working on Windows 10. For this new update might cause incompatible problem. And Firefox keeps updating frequently, which will bring you many other DownloadHelper not working issues. No worry! Below is the best way to solve DownloadHelper problems on Windows 10.
Part 1. The Best Alternative to DownloadHelper for Windows 10
The best solution to resolve this problem is to use iTube HD Video Downloader as the alternative to DownloadHelper for Windows 10. This is a video downloading tool that allows you to download any type of video from the widely used video sites. It enables you a download extenstion to download video from Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer directly. You can download from more than 10,000 sites including YouTube, MTV, Vimeo, Vevo, CBS and Hulu among others. And you can batch-download entire playlists or clips and convert them to MPEG, AVI, MP4, M2TS, FLV or simply extract their audio stream as MP3, APE, AC3, WAV, FLAC, Ogg, or WMA.
iTube HD Video Downloader - DownloadHelper for Windows Alternative
- It allows you 1 click to download videos from your browser.
- You can add multiple URLs for downloading at one time.
- It can convert local FLV/MP4 or downloaded videos to the audio or video format.
- It helsp you to download YouTube and other videos to MP3 in 1 click.
- You can record videos from the site that does not allow download.
- The transfer feature enables you to transfer the video to iOS and Android devices.
Download online videos with Downloadhelper for Windows 10 Alternative
You can use this video downloader to download online videos on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista. The installation process of this program is quite simple. Follow these steps to download your videos:
Step 1. Install and run the program
Getflv Alternative Firefox Extension
Drag the installation file to the Downloadhelper for Windows 10 alternative. Run it and you will see the main interface. Like the DownloadHelper, the program also installs a download add-on into your browser.
Step 2. Download Web Videos
Now access your favorite video sites and play the video of your choice. To download webs video on Windows 10 through the download button, move your mouse over that video. The 'Download' button will automatically appear at the upper-right side of the video. To initiate the downloading process, simply click on the button. You can choose your preferred resolution from the drop-down menu. You can also select the “YouTube MP3” option to download it in the MP3 format.
Alternatively, to download videos through the video URL option, copy the URL of your video. Go back to the alternative of Downloadhelper for Windows 10 and click on the “Paste URL” button. This will prompt the program to start downloading that video. You can also download it in the MP3 format by clicking on the arrow that is next to the “Paste URL” button and selecting the 'Download MP3' option.
Step 3. Convert the Video Formats
If you want to transfer your downloaded videos to a portable device such as a mobile device, an Apple device, an android device or a game console, you may have to convert the videos to a more comparable version. First add the videos to the 'Convert' menu.
And then open the 'Convert' menu and click on the “Convert” button to open the format window. Now select your desired video format and start the conversion.
Part 2. Video DownloadHelper Not Working on Windows Fixed!
Getflv Free Alternative
Although DownloadHelper is designed to be an amazing utility, it is also prone to failures. By default, Mozilla Firefox normally updates add-ons automatically and this often causes compatibility issues. So if your DownloadHelper has stopped working, re-installing it to the older version might help. You can get the older versions online. In addition, if you have an older version of Firefox, the add-on might fail to work. You should therefore consider using the latest version of Firefox. Alternatively, you can disable the automatic add-on update feature on your browser. To do this, open Firefox and go to “Add-ons”, select the Add-on manager and turn off the automatic updates. Below we find 5 of the most common issues with Video DownloadHelper for Windows 10 and their respective solutions.
1. Video DownloadHelper not working with the latest version of Firefox.
When Firefox updates itself to the latest version, it comes with lots of plugin incompatibility. This means that most of the extensions installed will stop being supported until something is done to them. Updating Firefox made the Video DownloadHelper extension to be unsupported in that version and thus it stopped working.
Solution: There is no standard solution to this but a working fix for this is to install the beta version for the Video DownloadHelper plugin.
2. DownloadHelper not able to grab videos from YouTube.
VDH is designed to be able to recognize video played online and download them. For a long time it has been used by users without any issues. In the recent past, users have reported that it stopped working YouTube indefinitely. This is a known bug which ca be fixed quite easily.
Solution: There is always a way around any problem. For this, you just need to reinstall the the Video DownloadHelper and everything will be back to normal.
3. Video DownloadHelper not able to download the selected video.
In most cases, you will install the addon successfully and without any problems. This does not guarantee that it will work just fine. There is the problem of the VDH failing to download the video after clicking on 'download' link. It will be working just fine until the time when it is supposed to download the data while showing the progress.
Solution: Though not the official fix for this problem, it will work just fine. Try clearing the cache and cookies.
4. Video DownloadHelper not able to download Mkv video format.
Not all video sharing sites will be having mp4 videp format. In some occasions, you will find video files which are mkv. This is a compressed video format which occupies lesser space than mp4. Trying to download this format with video DownloadHelper will not work because it does not support that format.
Solution: There is no way you can make it support a video format which isn't included dynamically. All you can do is look for a downloader which can support that format or look for alternative sites where those similar videos are shared.
5. DownloadHelper incompatibility issues with other browsers.
As mentioned earlier, this is a purely Firefox addon. This means that it cannot work with any other browser out there.
Solution: Now that it is only supported by Firefox, the solution would be simply sticking to Firefox for all your video downloads.
The normal functioning of the video DownloadHelper can be interfered with by many factors. However, no matter how complicated the issue is, it will, for most cases, lie in the ones listed above. When faced with similar issue just look up for a solution.